Garlic contains a number of nutrients that have been shown to be good for your health, such as reducing the risk of heart disease, certain types of cancer, improving cognitive health, and immune system.
Why is garlic recommended to improve your immune system?
Garlic is an immunity booster that has been used as an antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic agent. It helps the body resist or destroy viruses and other microorganisms, by fighting infections.
When garlic is crushed, chewed or sliced, it produces allicin, which has been shown to boost the disease-fighting response of some viruses. It also works as a treatment for preventing and reducing the flu and colds symptoms, by boosting the immune cell function.
Other garlic benefits:
- -Decreases inflammation due to its content of antioxidants and sulfur.
- -Helps lower blood pressure and decrease cholesterol levels to support heart health.
- -Reduces or stabilizes blood sugar levels and improves blood sugar management, which may be beneficial for managing type 2 diabetes.
- -Protects and supports brain health, like improving memory.
2 Healthy garlicky recipes:
- -1 cup fresh basil leaves, without stems
- -1 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
- -1 large cloves garlic
- -1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- -1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or a blender and process until very finely minced. Store in the refrigerator or freezer to keep it fresh. Enjoy it on your pasta, chicken, salads, pizza and so on.
- -3 cloves garlic, divided
- -2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- -Pepper and salt
- -½ lb. dry spaghetti
- -1 tsp butter
- -1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- -1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- -½ cup tomato sauce
Mix all ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooked pasta, serve and enjoy.
How to maximize these benefits
It’s best to consume raw garlic or aged garlic extract, although it can be hard to consume it day by day, you can increase your garlic intake by taking supplements.
Lazu´s IMMUFORCE+ supplement helps strengthen your body’s defenses and keep you protected with extra immunity support. Is a natural immunity cocktail, due to its formula, which contains a powerhouse of antioxidant ingredients to improve your body’s defenses and keep you protected year round with extra immunity support.
- Poulson, B., Horowitz, D., & Trevino, H. (n.d.). Garlic – Health Encyclopedia – University of Rochester Medical Center. URMC. https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=19&contentid=Garlic
- West, R. H. D. (2021, September 28). How Garlic Fights Colds and the Flu. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/garlic-fights-colds-and-flu#TOC_TITLE_HDR_2
- Smith, M. (2007, August 22). Garlic: An Immunity-Boosting Superstar. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/garlic-immunity-boosting-superstar
- 5 Ways Garlic Boosts Immunity – Cold and Flu Center – Everyday Health. (2021, August 9). EverydayHealth.Com. https://www.everydayhealth.com/cold-flu-pictures/ways-garlic-boosts-immunity.aspx
- G. (2020, October 5). Strengthen Your Immune System With 4 Simple Strategies. Cleveland Clinic. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/strengthen-your-immune-system-with-simple-strategies/