Serves 4 | Prep & Cook Time: 30 Mins | Vegetarian • Gluten-Free
- 500g button mushrooms, fresh and plump
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsps olive oil, for a silky touch
- 200g blue cheese, crumbled, offering a bold and tangy contrast
- ¼ cup (10g) parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup (60g) walnuts, roughly chopped, for a delightful crunch
- Set your oven to 180°C (356°F) and let it preheat while you prepare the ingredients. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, creating a non-stick surface for your mushrooms to bake on.
- Gently remove the stems from the mushrooms, taking care not to damage the caps. Keep the stems for later use.
- Neatly arrange the mushroom caps stem-side up on the prepared baking tray. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Grab a medium frying pan and heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat, setting the stage for your mushroom stems.
- Chop the reserved mushroom stems and add them to the sizzling pan. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes until they’re tender and aromatic. Allow the stems to cool for a moment.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crumbled blue cheese, chopped parsley, and cooled mushroom stems. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the mixture and blend everything together, creating a rich and flavorsome filling.
- Now, it’s time to stuff your mushrooms! Gently take a portion of the filling with your fingers and carefully stuff each mushroom cap, ensuring a generous amount of filling in each one.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms into the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and irresistibly tempting.
- To finish, top your grilled mushrooms with the chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of parsley, adding a final touch of elegance and crunch.
Serve these Grilled Mushrooms with Blue Cheese as a delicious appetizer, side dish, or even the main course for a light and satisfying meal. Enjoy!