Main steps to kick-start a keto diet
- -Record your health baseline, taking before pictures, weighting and measuring yourself.
- -Make a list of foods to avoid on keto and what to choose instead.
- -Prepare yourself with supplements due to nutrient deficiencies.
- *Make sure you consult with your doctor or healthcare provider beforehand.
What to take under consideration:
-Going keto can affect your metabolism
Going on and off keto confuses your body, which can cause you to fluctuate in weight. That is why consistency and dedication is so important for the keto diet to be effective and help you to lose weight, increase muscle retention, lower risk of heart disease, improve health markers, etc.
-Going keto can cause Keto flu
Giving up fruits, beans, vegetables, and whole grains your body is already used to can cause nutrient deficiencies and constipation. Because of it, the keto flu is a common short-term side effect, such as low energy, nausea, headache, dehydration, etc., due to the low intake of electrolytes and the change from carb-burning to fat-burning.
-Going keto is not a forever diet
Keto is actually designed to be a short-term diet, that is why it is crucial to have a post-keto plan- such as a healthy transition back to carbs, by increasing the intake of carbs and decreasing the fat intake.
Why does ketosis work so well?
Ketosis is a metabolic state, which happens when the body temporarily switches from burning glucose to burning fat. Increasing the presence of ketones in the blood or urine, a chemical produced by the body when it burns fat. Which can help to lose weight, feel less hungry, improve heart disease risk factors, keep muscle, etc.
Do you need any kind of supplements?
To have a low risk of nutrient deficiencies, it is important to make the right food choices by eating whole foods, restricting highly processed items and saturated fat, and increasing micronutrient intake. The supplements are a great option to relieve the side effects of keto flu due to the lack of vitamins and minerals during the transition of ketosis. Such as electrolytes, magnesium, MCT Oil, vitamin D, along with others.
LAZU’s Keto Plan is a great option to get started on a keto diet, designed by the LAZU team to reach weight management goals. It helps to maintain a healthy state of nutritional ketosis in the keto diet and its benefits, such as:
- -Weight management
- -Mental clarity
- -Improved gut health
- -Reduced inflammation
- -Improved skin tone
If you are interested, you can find more info about the Keto Plan and its benefits in your keto diet progress.
- Axe, J. (2017, May 18). The Safe and Easy Way to Kick-Start Ketosis—And Why You Should. Observer. https://observer.com/2017/05/how-to-start-ketogenic-diet/
- Chodosh, S. (2021, 20 July). Sorry, keto fans, you’re probably not in ketosis. Popular Science. https://www.popsci.com/not-in-ketosis/
- Hecht, M. (2019, 29 March). Ketosis vs. Ketoacidosis: What You Should Know. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/ketosis-vs-ketoacidosis#outlook
- Holland, K. (2021, March 29). 15 Things You Need to Know Before Starting the Keto Diet. The Healthy. https://www.thehealthy.com/weight-loss/start-keto-diet/
- Migala, J., & Grieger, L. R. (2019, November 26). 10 Steps Beginners Should Take Before Trying the Keto Diet. EverydayHealth.com https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/ketogenic-diet/steps-beginners-should-take-before-trying-keto-diet/#:%7E:text=Start%20cooking%20with%20more%20oil,carbs%20and%20getting%20in%20fat.
- Palsdottir, M. H. S. (2020, 13 October). What Is Ketosis, and Is It Healthy? Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-is-ketosis#Ketones-can-supply-energy-for-the-brain
- Parhar, S. (2021, July 29). How To Kickstart A Keto Diet For The Benefit Of Your Wellbeing. CareClinic. https://careclinic.io/jump-start-ketosis/
- Phinney, S. (2020, 16 January). Should I take vitamins or supplements on a ketogenic diet? Virta Health. https://www.virtahealth.com/faq/vitamins-supplements-on-keto
- Rust, J. (2020, 4 February). The keto diet: pros, cons and tips. The Portland Clinic. https://www.theportlandclinic.com/the-keto-diet-pros-cons-and-tips/
- Villines, Z. (2019, 22 January). Differences between ketosis and ketoacidosis. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324237#seeing-a-doctor
- Wellversed Health. (2020, 29 June). The 10 Must Required Supplements For A Ketogenic Diet. Wellversed. https://wellversed.in/blogs/articles/the-10-must-required-supplements-for-a-ketogenic-diet
Leave A Comment